The Group’s origins date back to 1954, when the Colombo family founded Elettromeccanica F.lli Colombo di Vittorio, initially manufacturing electric motors for small electrical appliances in Italy.

Through the years the Group made a name for itself as a leading manufacturer of electric motors for the commercial refrigeration. Now the group has emerged also in the sector of the HVAC-R products.

In 1982 the first assembling plant was established abroad, in Spain. Subsequently a manufacturing plant was set up in Brazil in 1998 and in China in 2002.

Presently, the Group employs approximately 800 people of which about 160 employed at the plant of Inzago, located between Bergamo and Milan, whose area is of about 40.000 m² and holds the manufacturing plant, as well as the top management, the sales, the administration and R&D departments.